Job Type: Full time, contract position for 6 month, possibilities of extension depending on funding
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday
Location: Online/ Remote
This position will report directly to the Executive Director and will be responsible for providing administrative support to the executive leadership of Obesity Canada. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and maintaining procedures; supporting administrative workflow and objectives; and analyzing administrative procedures and recommending changes for improvement. Duties will involve assisting the Director(s) with scheduling; assisting with drafting correspondence; taking meeting notes; file version control; liaise with stakeholders; establishing and contributing to personal, team and organizational milestones while working with confidential documents.
The candidate will be responsible for, but is not limited to:
- Uploading and contributing to content for OC’s social media presence. Monitor social media accounts for leverageable opportunities to increase engagement or respond to emergent stakeholder needs.
- Determining logistical details and activities for events
- Monitoring and tracking incoming and outgoing correspondence for timely management and response. Ensuring appropriate action is undertaken
- Identifying project barriers and coming to an independent resolution within the scope of the role and escalating as required
- Assist in developing project work plans with the team
The incumbent must have advanced computer skills with an understanding of the “office procedures and practices”. The candidate must possess strong communication, client relations, organizational skills and be detail oriented. The candidate must be motivated to work well on his/ her own, but is also able to work as part of a team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an interest in taking on increasing responsibility, an aptitude for learning on the job and enthusiasm.
- Providing all aspects of administrative support to the executive team
- Assist in coordinating committee activities , drafting correspondence, developing and formatting reports
- Liaising with research collaborators and committee members
- Assist in planning and coordinating educational events
- Ability to work through projects with changing priorities
- Able to handle multiple urgent and routine requests in a calm, professional manner
- Assists with duties related to social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) and Google Ads/Campaigns
- Takes initiative to propose new strategies, concepts and campaigns for social media content to increase reach
- Develop and produce creative written and visual content that promotes audience interaction and participation
- Display a high degree of maturity, integrity, certainty and confidentiality
- Other related duties, as required
Qualifications and experience
- Experience drafting, editing, and preparing a variety of written documents and reports
- Advanced computer skills, including experience working with Google Suite, MS Office, Doodle Poll and Survey Monkey
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Time management, communication and organizational skills are essential
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and deadlines
- Experience in event planning/coordination is an asset
- A background in health sciences or public health would be an asset