Obesity Canada is Canada’s leading obesity charity, made up of healthcare professionals, researchers, policy makers and people with an interest in obesity.
The mission of Obesity Canada is to improve the lives of Canadians affected by obesity through the advancement of anti-discrimination, prevention and treatment efforts.
The network’s strategic goals are:
- Addressing the social stigma associated with obesity
- Changing the way policy makers and health professionals approach obesity; and
- Improving access to evidence-based prevention and treatment resources.
In alignment with its mission and strategic goals, Obesity Canada aims to facilitate knowledge exchange regarding obesity prevention, treatment, and policy.
The role of the Coordinator is to assist Obesity Canada with ongoing projects and events. This will involve working with management to organize the day to day operation of the project and or, manage the overall milestones and targets to ensure completion of the project.
The incumbent must have exceptional computer skills with an understanding of the office procedures and practices. The candidate should also possess strong communication, customer relational and organizational skills. He/she also works well on his/ her own, but is also able to work as part of a team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an interest in taking on increasing responsibility, an aptitude for learning on the job and enthusiasm.
- Providing all aspects of administrative support to management
- Assist in coordinating committee activities , drafting correspondence ,developing and formatting reports
- Liaising with research collaborators and committee members
- Assist in planning and coordinating educational events
- Other related duties, as may be required
Qualifications and experience
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel etc.)
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Time management, communication and organizational skills are essential
- Experience conducting qualitative interviews over the phone and in-person.
- A background in health sciences or public health would be an asset
Please note since this position is partly funded by a government program, the applicant must be;
- reside or attend school in Alberta with an Alberta address
- are enrolled in a program that will result in a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
Email resume and cover letter to:
If you have any further questions please call 780-492-5057