The Advancing Obesity Management Program (AOMP) is designed for all primary care and secondary clinicians who want to improve the obesity care they deliver in their practice.
A collaboration between Obesity Canada (OC), the Canadian Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism (CSEM) and the European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO), this evidence-based program demonstrates how healthcare professionals can integrate the 2020 Canadian Adult Obesity Clinical Practice Guidelines into practice. Additional videos from an interprofessional panel of obesity experts highlight important and emerging issues with obesity management.
There are 10 modules, all individually accredited.
There are NO pre-requisites to take the Advancing Obesity Management Program (AOMP).
1. Introduction and the science of obesity
2. Obesity stigma and bias
3. Prevention and Activities for Daily Living (ADL)
5. Medical nutrition therapy and physical activity
6. Mental health and psychological interventions
8. Bariatric surgery (coming soon)
9. Managing obesity in specific populations (coming soon)
10. Applying knowledge to practice (coming soon)
Thank you to the Obesity Canada FOCUS partners for their support on this initiative.
You can view the Obesity Canada FOCUS partners HERE.