*Please note if you would like to receive updates on the revised Clinical Practice Guidelines for Obesity Management in Adults, please be sure you are signed up for the Obesity Canada newsletter. You can do so here.
The 2006 Canadian Clinical Practice Guidelines on the Management and Prevention of Obesity in Adults and Children include 15 recommendations relative to the pediatric population. They also include a recommendation that the guidelines should be disseminated in a simple, clear format that will be well received and accepted.
The Putting Evidence Into Practice PowerPoint slide set was developed by TROPIC as an educational tool for health practitioners. It identifies those recommendations of the Canadian Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG) that are specific to the pediatric population. It also reviews content from the CPG that addresses how to implement each recommendation, with additional tips provided by experts in the field.
The slides and supplementary resources are available for download FREE. Handy PowerPoint and Word templates are also available for those who would like to incorporate content from the Putting Evidence Into Practice into your own talks and presentations.
Slides and Supplementary Resources
- PEIP Handout Template Blue (DOC)
- PEIP Handout Template DarkBlue (DOC)
- PEIP Handout Template Green (DOC)
- PEIP Handout Template Orange (DOC)
- PEIP Handout Template Purple (DOC)
- PEIP Handout Template Red (DOC)
- PEIP Resource Guide (DOC)
- PEIP User Guide (DOC)
- Putting Evidence Into Practice Slide Templates (PPT)
- Synopsis of the 2006 Canadian clinical practice guidelines on the management and prevention of obesity in adults and children David C.W. Lau for the Obesity Canada Clinical Practice Guidelines Steering Committee and Expert Panel
- 2006 Canadian clinical practice guidelines on the management and prevention of obesity in adults and children [summary] David C.W. Lau, James D. Douketis, Katherine M. Morrison, Irene M. Hramiak, Arya M. Sharma, Ehud Ur for members of the Obesity Canada Clinical Practice Guidelines Expert Panel
- Management and prevention of obesity in adults and children Sarah D. McDonald