Who is the OC-SNP National Executive?
We are a team of students and new professional members of Obesity Canada committed to growing its vision and supporting local OC-SNP chapter initiatives. The OC-SNP National Executive consists of twelve positions, while three additional committee members (the Outgoing Chair, the Outgoing Vice-Chair and the Executive Director, Dawn Hatanaka) help support and provide ongoing advice to the new leaders of the National Executive each year.
What does the OC-SNP National Executive do?
The Obesity Canada Students and New Professionals (OC-SNP) National Executive initiates and supports all student and new professional activities at OC and local chapters at universities across the country. The Executive meets on a monthly basis via teleconferences to plan national activities and discuss local chapter initiatives such as. Specifically, the OC-SNPs:
- Represents the interests of SNPs at OC’s Board of Directors and Scientific Committee
- Helps establish new SNP chapters and supports the growth of existing chapters at universities across Canada
- Provides materials to help university chapters spread OC’s mission
- Maintains an online presence with social media on Facebook and Twitter to bring together SNPs from across Canada, promotes OC’s activities and members, and highlights trending obesity news
- Provides small grants to chapters to support local SNP-led initiatives
- Recognizes outstanding members through annual awards
- Develops, organizes and implements national professional development, educational and networking activities, such as student-run conferences, oral and infographic design competitions
- Connects SNPs to professional mentors
- Seeks and secures relevant funding to promote OC-SNP’s initiatives
Interested in joining the OC-SNP National Executive?
Each year we accept applications for the next OC-SNP National Executive. The application deadline for the 2020/2021 OC-SNP National Executive is Friday, July 24, 2020.
Annual elections are now open. Apply here!