Who is the OC-SNP National Executive?
We are a team of students and new professional members of Obesity Canada committed to growing its vision and supporting local OC-SNP chapter initiatives. The OC-SNP National Executive consists of twelve positions, while three additional committee members (the Outgoing Chair, the Outgoing Vice-Chair and the Educational Director, Dawn Hatanaka) help support and provide ongoing advice to the new leaders of the National Executive each year.
What does the OC-SNP National Executive do?
The national student executive initiates and supports all student and new professional activities at OC and at local chapters at universities across the country. The executive meets on a monthly basis via teleconferences to plan national activities and discuss local chapter initiatives.
- Represents the interests of SNPs at OC’s Board of Directors and scientific committee
- Help establish new SNP chapters and support the growth of existing chapters at universities across Canada
- Provide materials to help university chapters spread OC’s mission
- Maintain an online presence with social media on Facebook and Twitter to bring together SNPs from across Canada, promote OC’s activities and members, and highlight trending obesity new
- Provide small grants to chapters to support local SNP-led initiatives
- Recognize outstanding members through annual awards
- Develop, organize and implement national professional development, educational and networking activities such as student-run conferences, oral and infographic design competitions
- Connect SNPs to professional mentors
- Seek and secure relevant funding to promote OC-SNP’s initiatives
Interested in joining the OC-SNP National Executive?
Each year we accept applications for the next OC-SNP National Executive, with a June deadline for applications/nominations. Details for 2019/2020 coming soon.