If you’re a healthcare professional, researcher, policy maker or student working in obesity prevention and management and want to learn, share and network with Canada’s obesity community, you’re in the right place.
The Canadian Obesity Summit is a biennial conference that brings together professional obesity stakeholders for a collegial, engaging learning experience. This year, the COVID-19 epidemic has forced us to retool the event as an interactive online experience, with a few twists. Registration and a call for abstracts are now open! View the preliminary program here.
The goals of this Summit are:
- To provide an interactive forum to share current understanding of the causes, complications, prevention and management approaches for obesity
- To be a platform for exchange of obesity research from epidemiology and public health to cell biology, energy regulation, clinical management and health policy
- To support students and new professionals and increase interdisciplinary capacity among future obesity researchers and health professionals in Canada.
The Summit will bring together approximately 1,000 participants from a wide range of educational institutions, governmental and non-governmental agencies, and the private sector.
The call for abstracts is open – click the link in the menu.
- Sessions will be interactive, with a mix of live and on-demand recorded presentations, live Q&A, networking capabilities and offline access to all content for three months post-Summit for paid delegates.
- Obesity Canada (OC) and the European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO) will offer our virtual flagship scientific conferences simultaneously May 10-13, 2021. Delegates will be able to save on joint registration for both events, with access to recorded sessions. To kickstart the Canadian Obesity Summit there will be a joint session co-hosted by OC and EASO on weight bias & stigma. Information on ECO 2021 can be found here.
- The Canadian Obesity Student Meeting – run by and for students and new professionals – will run concurrently with the Summit.