Respect. Knowledge. Action.
Obesity Canada is the country’s leading obesity registered charity association for:
- Health professionals
- Researchers, trainees and students
- Policy makers
- Canadians living with obesity
Vision: A day when people affected by the disease of obesity are understood, respected, and living healthy lives.
Mission: To improve the lives of Canadians through obesity research, education, and advocacy.
- Addressing the social stigma associated with obesity
- Changing the way policy makers and health professionals approach obesity; and
- Improving access to evidence-based prevention and treatment resources.
Respect: We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity. To this end, Obesity Canada works toward reducing weight bias and stigma through research, education and action.
Evidence-Based Action: Obesity Canada aims to facilitate knowledge exchange regarding obesity prevention, treatment and policy.