The Canadian Obesity Summit (COS) is the most important biennial scientific event on obesity in Canada. Its objectives are:
- To provide a forum for the dissemination of information about research advances in the field of obesity
- To identify, debate and promote innovative preventive and treatment strategies to reduce the prevalence of obesity and its associated burden of disease
Why should YOU attend?
- Increase your knowledge via the scientific program
- Collect “take home” tools and information from workshop sessions
- Gain exposure by submitting an abstract of your work
- Increase your connections through networking opportunities
- Develop and join research collaborations
- Take advantage of a competitive price structure
Looking to connect with colleagues while in Banff? Perhaps there is a topic of interest that you wish to discuss that is not covered in our program? Well this is your opportunity! Once again, the COS is pleased to announce that we have a solution for you.
We have reserved a limited amount of space (daily) for those wishing to convene onsite with colleagues for meetings. Space will be reserved in one hour increments. Please contact Christina Giese, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or for availability.
This Group Learning program has been reviewed by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and is awaiting final certification by the College’s Alberta Chapter.
By attending this program, you are eligible for 4.0 SCOPE points. SCOPE is an internationally-acclaimed obesity education progam that helps health professionals understand obesity and how to treat, manage and prevent it. You can find out more information about SCOPE at www.worldobesity.org/scope.
This program is also Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certified. This learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality. The CPD Certification Services provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements.