At the conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Understand the mechanisms of action of medical and surgical interventions for obesity and how these interventions target the underlying pathophysiology of obesity.
- Describe the outcomes of available treatments for obesity, including weight loss, impact on obesity-related complications, and adverse events.
- Discuss strategies to optimize benefit and reduce the risks of obesity treatments in real-world clinical encounters.
- Explore emerging options for obesity treatment, including novel therapies and combination therapies.
- Identify weight bias as barrier to care for patients living with obesity.
September 7, 2019
Lister Conference Centre
University of Alberta
11613 87 Avenue NW
*This course is pending accreditation.