Today’s post comes from Audrey St-Laurent. Audrey is a PhD Candidate in the Department of Nutrition at Laval University. She is also the current Chair of the OC-SNP National Executive.
As another summer comes to an end, it is time to bring in another academic year – and a new OC-SNP National Executive. I am pleased to introduce the 2020-2021 National Executive and welcome our new members to the team! I look forward to collaborating with this group of enthusiastic, creative, motivated, and engaged SNPs:
- Vice Chair: Khushmol Dhaliwal
- Chapter Representatives: Sarah Rae
- Special Events Coordinator: Kerri Delaney
- Communications Director: Claudia Holody
- Financial Director: Malcolm Snow
- Recruitment Director: Sylvain Iceta
- Resource Coordinator: Marcus Moore
- Public Engagement Committee Representative: Brenndon Goodman
- Outgoing Chair: Laura Vergeer
- Outgoing Vice-Chair: Rebecca Christensen
You can find out more about the National Executive members here. I would also like to thank all the outgoing National Executive members for their exceptional work in planning and hosting many successful initiatives for SNPs this past year.
The OC-SNP National Executive is already making exciting plans for 2020-2021. We will be continuing our “From Grad School and Beyond” monthly video series, where we conduct short interviews with obesity professionals working in different environments to expose SNPs to some of the many opportunities that exist in the field of obesity. You can also look out for initiatives like the Pedometer Challenge, Infographic Competition and Mentorship Program again this year. Please visit the Obesity Canada website – as well as our Facebook and Twitter pages – to stay tuned for updates and announcements. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to voice your ideas or opinions about our initiatives and events. We would love to hear from you!